Got this from Rachel last week. Ever wondered how your names would confuse someone. Here's an example :-
Caller : Can I speak to Annie Wan (anyone)
Operator : Yes, you can speak to me.
Caller : No. I want to speak to Annie Wan.
Operator : You're talking to someone. Who is this??
Caller : I'm Sam Wan (someone). And I need to talk to Annie Wan. It's urgent!!
Operator : I know you're someone and you want to talk to anyone. But what's this urgent matter about?
Caller : Well...just tell my sister Annie Wan, that our brother Noel Wan (no one) was involved in an accident. Noel Wan got injured is Noel Wan is being sent to the hospital. Right now, Avery Wan (everyone) is on his way to the hospital.
Operator : Look. If no one was injured and no one was sent to the hospital, then the accident isnt an urgent matter. You may find this hilarious but I certainly have no time for this!!!
Caller : You are so rude!! Who are you??
Operator : I am Saw Lee (sorry)
Caller : Yeah, you should be sorry. Now give me your FREAKIN name!!!
Names you wouldn't want to have (English names + Chinese surnames) :-
1. Anne Chang = Dirty (mandarin)
2. Anne Chin = Keep Quiet (mandarin)
3. Faye Chen = Dusty (mandarin)
4. Carl Chen = Buttocks (hokkien)
5. Monica Cheng = Touching your buttocks (hokkien)
6. Lucy Leow = You're dead (hokkien)
7. Jane Tan = Frying eggs (mandarin)
8. Suzie Liow = Lose till death (hokkien)
9. Henry Mah = Hate your mom (mandarin)
10. Corrine Tai = Poor fellow (hokkien)
11. Paul Chan = Bankrupt (mandarin)
12. Nelson Tan = Bird laying eggs (mandarin)
13. Leslie Tong = Rubbish bin (mandarin)
14. Carmen Teng = Leg hair long (hokkien)
15. Connie Mah = Call your mother (cantonese)
16. Danny See = Squeeze you to death (hokkien)
17. Rosie Teng = Screws and nails (hokkien)
18. Pete Tsai = Nose droppings (hokkien)
19. Macy Koh = Never die before (cantonese)
IF ANY OF MY READERS' NAMES WERE PUBLISHED HERE, IT WAS NOT DONE ON PURPOSE.... :)